July 20, 2008

Wassup with kite surfing?

I been into most forms of surfing type sports...like...

  • Surfing obviously
  • Skateboarding
  • Snow skiing
  • Snow boarding
  • Wind surfing (a small endeavour)
  • Wake boarding (most recent)

But one I have never got into or even tried for that matter is Kite surfing. I've seen it and thought that it looks like fun but I've always been a little dubious about it's safety.

One day down at Orewa, N.Z (on the way to Auckland) we stopped and watched these crazy fellas kite surfing in really windy conditions. One bloke couldn't even get his kite to come down after finishing his ride and ended up getting dragged along the beach much to our amusement.

However that was nothing compared to this crazy chap...





I like getting 'air' but it's these kid of shananagans that will never get this fella combining surfing and kites (both very fun activities in their own right by the way).

5 comments:

  1. Far out! My heart was going hard out watching that one... please don't get into kite surfing Les... I can just imagine Mandrake being that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I read it "Wassup with kate surfing?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. K - I did think of the adventures Mandrake and I would have, but no, no aspirations to kite surf.

    Syms - I don't think it is CGI, just hardcase timing and poor judgement on that blokes behalf.

    J.D - I believe that Kate does surf but I will be recommending that she does not take up kite surfing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah i thought it said kate surfing too... i wanna try this tho. no seriously, it looks like awesome fun hahaha yeah im nuts

    ReplyDelete