January 22, 2011

Wassup with two rats?




Love the movie!

Love my new healthy eating phase!

Time to combine them...




all I needed was a small aubergine




Originating in the south of France, Ratatouille (hence the lame two rats joke) was initially a poor farmers (peasants) dish utilising the summer vegetables that were at hand.


Courgettes (zucchini)
tomatoes
green and red bell peppers (capsicum)
onions
garlic

Today, aubergine (eggplant) is added to the list.



After making an eggplant lasagne (see here) I had a little aubergine left over so... a poor man's feast was next on the menu.



Humble beginnings...




Lesmond J's Ratatouille



Bon appetit

2 comments:

  1. I had Ratatouille for tea last night. A Ratatouille omelette for breakfast this morning, and Ratatouille on toast for lunch!

    I'm all Ratatouille'd out now :)

    ReplyDelete