January 09, 2011

Wassup with Abundance!

We live in a land of abundance!

I don't know about you but I don't meet many people that are struggling to put weight on...quite the contrary in fact. Abundance!

So it was one day after I had opened my bucket of locally harvested pipis that I was driving up to my Mum and Dad's place to share the wealth with my seafood loving Dad. I opened the fridge to put the pipis in and saw 3 peices of fresh fish they'd been given by friends. Abundance!

"Do you have any plums on your tree?", my Mum asked.

I have two plum trees and have had precisely 6 plums off them in the last 3 years! Now my Mum and Dad also have two plum trees, one of which actually split under the burden of all it's fruit! Abundance!

On the way to the plum tree we pass my Dad watering his gardens listening to his sounds, just enjoying his... Abundance!

While my two eldest kids enjoyed eating as many plums as they could straight from the tree, I filled a bag to take home. One for the bag, one for me...

When I was finished my Mum had raided Dad's garden and presented me with...an Abundance!

Thanks Mum and Dad! I hope you enjoy the Pipis :)




Plums, Celery, Brocolli, Lettuce, Apple Cucumber, Telegraph Cucumber, Carrots, Capsicum and Lemons!


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Your parents garden must be ABUNDANT with fruit and veges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First Dad thanks you for the pipi's and second nothing gives Dad greater pleasure in this life than being able to give the Abundance from his garden. Seeing his children and his Grandchildren enjoying the fruits of his labours :) was the first thing he said we came down from the garden after your vist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, dont know why that said Morgan - its Stacey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum! I also have parents with an abundance of fruit and vege and happily help them eat it :-)

    ReplyDelete