June 28, 2008

Wassup wit dat stick in your hand?!

When Moses was freaking out about going to the Egyptian Pharoah and demanding he let God's people (the Israelites) go...God said something simple yet profound:


Wassup wit dat stick in your hand?! - Exodus 4:2 (my wacked out version)


Basically God said if you're keen i will use whatever skills you have to totally blow away any opposition to the plans i have for you.


However it's only human nature to compare yourself to others and either seem superior or (much more likely) inferior.

In the immortal words of Napoleon Dynamite...

'Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills...you know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills'

I was talking to a mate the other night about future plans etc and he told me about doing up houses and all the work he had been doing. I am always amazed at the talent of people who you wouldn't guess and was blown away by his skills.

I started to think about my skills or lack thereof.

Wood working (carpentry, building, house reno's) are skills that are very satisfying, because you get to see the final product from the work of your hands.

I believe all my woodworking efforts ended up 'lost' by my mum and dad...kinda sad really. So anyway...now i have children of my own, anything they bring home i'll absolutely cherish and display / use until it breaks completely (probably not long if they take after me...heh)

I have been trying to hone my wood working skills up in my dads shed. My 4 and 2 year old think i'm the man! YEYAH!


Update on Motorbike: Children rarely allowed to play with it for fear of breakage!

Update on Duck: Stick has fallen out of neck and has subsequently been lost.

Update on Parking Garage: One of the white side rails has broken off after 1st days use...ha ha. Go hard kids!

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome Les! Love your creations... just put the broken bits down to being "over loved" (even if it was just for 1 day).

    ReplyDelete