June 23, 2008

An Irish treat



I had a great day today. Married 7 years to an amazing woman. Wonderful children. A fantastic lunch with the best friends. And an Irish treat in the evening...


Da wife and I left the wonderful kiddies tucked up in bed (safely monitored by the awesome babysitter) and went out to enjoy a fabulous Irish dinner.


Monday night at McMorrissey's (never been there before) was great. A warm table close to the fire with quick friendly service that brought succulent slow cooked lamb shanks that honestly were the best i've ever tasted.


It came with a free guiness... o well, when in Rome (or Ireland). With one of these hearty brews under me belt and the Irish jigs belting out over the sound system it was a really authentic atmosphere.
I had just finished Patrick - Son of Ireland a novel by Stephen Lawhead. Good book. It is an awesome tale about Celtic legends, wars, love, loss, druids and adventure all set in old school Britain, Wales and Ireland. It was a good read. The author really transports you into this ancient time and place.
So here I was thoroughly enjoying my lamb shanks, mashed potato, pint of Guiness and bread and butter pudding with my wonderful wife of 7 years. And in my mind I was transported to this other ancient time right out of a Stephen Lawhead novel...awesome.
Like i said, i've had a great day...Thank you Lord!
So turn the speakers up loud and enjoy an Irish treat!



4 comments:

  1. haha - you are so random Les - me and Syms cracking up! Will have to get Syms to take me out for an Irish treat sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll have to say lesmond j. david and I have been there twice for lunch. they had this two for one deal.
    it was one of the TOP places in town for price and deliciousness (if that's a word).
    YUMMMY. their chicken and banana salad and roasts are also FAB!
    I would eat there again, anytime :) well, maybe not when it's party night. but you know what i mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took my Dad out for dinner tonight 7/7/08. We were early and I was anticipating another fine dining occasion. We ordered the delicious Lamb shank monday night special. It was just as I remember, except... (said in an Irish accent) 'Um...apologies from the chef, we've only da two shanks left, can we interest you in having one each and a side of roast beef?'

    Only in an Irish pub.

    ReplyDelete