June 01, 2009

Wassup wit Samsonite?

Movies that you can quote over and over again are just plain good fun in my book. There are many of these movies and probably the best known one of these is Napoleon Dynamite. But in my opinion it pales in comparison to the classic that is the 1994 movie - Dumb and Dumber.




Recently I was priveledged enough to be in San Fransisco and came across this little shop.




I know...funny eh?


For those among you who still have no idea what I'm on about my merciful side will let you in on the little joke. Although unless you've been there and frequently quoted the scene it will be a little lost on you.






Below are a few more of my favourite lines from this classic peice of 20th Century entertainment:



  • Man you are one pathetic loser. No offense.

  • Our pets heads are falling off!

  • Foot long...who's got the foot long?

  • Big gulps, huh.

  • Little old lady? Little old lady?!

  • Er..if that guy over there is Sea Bass?? Ah..err.

Ahh true comic genious. All the scenes come flowing back.


Disclaimer: Although I thoroughly enjoy reliving the scenes over and over again I would hasten to add that the movie is not without a little dodginess. Therefore you may have to settle for my reminiscing of the clean parts :)


Mock...Yeah...ing...Yeah...Bird...Yeah...Yeah...Yeah! (Pretty Bird)

6 comments:

  1. ahhh classic! pity bout the dodge tho yeah. nice blog les

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched that in years and years!! I love movies that you can watch over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lloyd: You're it.
    Harry: You're it.
    Lloyd: You're it, quitsies!
    Harry: Anti-quitsies, you're it, quitsies, no anti-quitsies, no startsies!
    Lloyd: You can't do that!
    Harry: Can too!
    Lloyd: Cannot, stamp it!
    Harry: Can too, double stamp it, no erasies!
    Lloyd: Cannot, triple stamp, no erasies, Touch blue make it true.
    Harry: No, you can't do that... you can't triple stamp a double stamp, you can't triple stamp a double stamp! Lloyd!
    Lloyd: [hands over ears] LA LA LA LA LA LA!
    Harry: LLOYD! LLOYD! LLOYD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...One of my favourite movies too! How uncanny ;)

    ReplyDelete