October 02, 2008

Wassup with horse covers?


I was pondering the other day as I sometimes do, and I suddenly thought...Wassup with horse covers?


I mean really, talk about the classic ashtray on a motorbike scenario.


I think people are compensating for all the knowingly evil stuff thats going on in our world (starving people, abortion, and all that social justice stuff) - forgive my brief highlight on these very important topics) by namby pambying anything they can get their hands on, without actually doing anything 'good' in the world.


Or they are just sick!



I mean "COME ON!"

But back to my horsey ruminations...
  1. Horses live in places such as the unforgiving cold steppes of Mongolia...and I don't see a jacket!
  2. Horses move 18-20 hours per day
  3. They have a very well designed thermoregulation system (see below)
  • Raising hairs when cold, creates an insulating layer.
  • Parting the hairs when hot, allows optimum cooling.
  • Skin thickness creates an insulating layer.
  • Growing a good winter coat, keeps horses warm in cooler months.
  • Arteries in the skin constrict in cold weather to prevent heat loss by reducing the amount of warm blood brought to the cooler body surface. Arteries dilate in warm weather to allow blood from overheated interior to access the body surface for cooling.
  • Sweat glands, cool the horse through evaporation.
Horses don't need namby pamby covers!!! They need grass and a place to run around.

Dogs don't need jackets and hats, they need food and someone to play with.

Humans don't need more state controlled legislation over their lives, we need a knowledge and trust in the God who made us...

Check out Matthew 6:31-33 in ya B.I.B.L.E
Wassup?!

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha - always love your posts Les. I will never look at another horse cover in the same way again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horse show competers use summer-covers to stop the sun fading the horses coats ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm good post les... but please, no more pics of odd looking "dogs" (i'm not so sure it is a dog - more like an overgrown rat) dressed up in dolls clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute horse.....sick dog! Go social justice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haaalppp, I've gone hoarse!!

    Must be the climat change in Pakistan :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen the website www.saddleonline.com while searching internet and it has biggest collection of Horse Saddles, Leather Jackets, Apparel, Harness.

    ReplyDelete