September 08, 2008

Wassup with Chuck Taylors?

Now I know this post isn't going to prove popular and the Lord knows i'm far from the Fashion Guru (see below)

http://wassupwithlesmondj.blogspot.com/2008/08/wassup-with-that-jersey.html

But... I cannot remain silent any longer.

I do not like Chuck Taylor Converse shoes!

Now that does not mean i'm not happy for those amongst you that enjoy this type of flat souled footwear. In fact I have given this shoe some serious thought....

Pro's

  • I like the fact that they have lasted a long time throughout the fashion changes of the world.
  • A pair of shoes that you love for less than $10 (clearance sale at the warehouse) no-one can argue with that.
  • My wife even has a pair of these...these...shoes, although she paid considerably more than $10 (wasn't sure if this was a pro or a con but I love my wife so...PRO!)

Con's (no pun intended)

  • They are just plain uncomfortable (speaking solely for my feet - pun intended). Lack of cushioning makes my poor soles ache...sorry Chuck you just don't measure up!
  • Too many laces...need I say more.
  • Blegghh!

This has been one man's opinion...wassup?!

7 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha you're lucky you and symz are close buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wouldn't be the first time my good buddy has had to extend grace toward me...shot Syms

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he - good on you Les - comfort over style - you must be getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, I know it's freedom of speech and all that but seriously! Don't be a hater!! :) It's all about the comfy insole inserts! I've got fluffy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU LES!!!! Finally someone with the same idea. I like to call them Chuckups! I sooo can't wear them as they make me look like a disney character.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so funny Neen! I almost included a reference to Goofy in my post...hiyuk hiyuk. For some strange reason some people make them look cool and that's all good too. Hardcase.

    ReplyDelete