October 04, 2008

Wassup with Best Mate?


My wife and I used to have Vodafones' Best Mate and could video call each other for free etc which was really good when I worked shift work but became somewhat redundant now that i'm home evenings.


But rather than waffle on about cell phone technology I want to talk about another best mate...Symon Burton Drake (check out his blog here)


A.K.A...Mandrake, Symon D, Syms, Symon DeeeeRake


I've known Syms for a little over 10 years now and during that time we've done heaps of funny and crazy stuff together which if our wives knew all the details we would definitely NOT be allowed to go fishing ever again...heh heh heh.
N.A.D.M - never a dull moment is a catch phrase which seems to sum up our friendship. Whether it's me falling over repeatedly (fishing, walking, snowboarding, you name it) or me breaking stuff (whilst fishing, walking, snowboarding, you name it) we always have 'Good Times' (prime example)
In amongst all the adventurous fun my best mate Syms has been a ROCK. I'm pretty sure I don't tax him too much with my worries or problems but when I have done he's always been straight up, full of Godly wisdom, real, honest, humble and most of all full of the Grace of God.
The grace that Syms has extended to me over the years and still does is nothing short of phenomenal. Thoroughly undeserved on my behalf (I guess that's why they call it grace)
These stories will not make it onto my blog site but I will always remember them...times where I could have either slipped away from God or run to Him, given into temptation completely or surrendered to God, brought a pyrex frying pan to the rocks or...


Syms you are a legend and my best mate.

I'm so looking forward to all the crazy times we have ahead as kidults. God bless you more and more... SHADADA! (interpretation: Wassup?!)





2 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm truly humbled. You rock buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that, is a cute puppy! I want one. You guys are the coolest Bouchers i know..

    ReplyDelete