August 07, 2008

You can't beat a classic


Check out this absolute CLASSIC that ran 87 (60 minute) episodes from 1978 - 1982.






When I was growing up in the 70's and 80's I absolutely loved T.V. My dad thought it an absolute waste of time but I would literally zone out, mesmerised by my favourite shows. So much so that I would totally tune out any other noise and subsequentley got in trouble for ignoring my parents...oops.

My parents were extremely hard workers and as such my older sister and I would be baby sat regularly while they worked. One particular baby sitter was the meanest grumpiest spoil sport (in the mind of a 7 year old boy) you'd ever clapped eyes on.


She would watch Coronation Street (why anybody would I do not know) and I would come in at the end to get ready to watch The Incredible Hulk which was straight after. So i'd see Hilda Ogden and Ena Sharples nattering away to Ken Barlow whilst a little boy waited.


"Go and wash your feet" the baby sitter would say...


WHAT?! But the Incredible Hulk is on now!!!!!


And so went the arguement with myself always losing. And as I would walk away toward the bathroom, head down, sad and lonely I would hear the theme song from Coronation Street (involuntary shiver) but i'd really liken myself to Bill Bixby who played David Banner walking down the road to the end credits of The Incredible hulk (The Lonely man)






Except instead of putting on my shirt and hitching down the road I was walking to the bathroom to wash my feet...you get it.


This show had heart and captivated the audience. C.G.I (computer generated imagery) was never involved and in fact in one particular scene the green paint used to colour the Hulk rubbed off onto the bear he was fighting...great stuff!


I went to see Marvels latest Hulk rendition (2008) and was pleasantly surprised. It totally kicked the 2003 effort with Eric Bana.


I was going to leave you with the trailor from the latest 2008 movie but sadly it's all about the old school Hulk here my friend.

2003 Hulk


VS.

2008 Hulk

VS.

1980' s Hulk


Lou Ferrigno hands down! Except for the Jason Gunn haircut...Nasty!

2 comments:

  1. All I can remember is the rude haircut! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clips finally decided to work today. Absolute retro classic at its best! Ahh, the 80's can't be beat for childhood TV! You doing alright? Haven't seen you for ages ;-)

    ReplyDelete