August 02, 2008

Wassup? It's Lesmondj in da kitchen!

Now I know you may find this hard to believe, but in all my 36 years I have never baked a batch of scones.


So after a cold and windy play in the park over the road, me and the kids cracked open the Edmonds cook book and began...

After studying the recipe that made 12 scones I decided to make 4 (a third of the recipe) just in case they resembled small windowless buildings and had to be quietly disposed of...heh heh.

My wife came along side to helpfully advise but I shooed her away stating that if they sucked I was to take full blame.

The kids helped me sift the flour and eat the left over cheese (I always grate too much).

Well without further ado...





We served them with some homemade soup (my wife's yummy creation) and then ate them all up! They were suprisingly light and delicious. Next time i will definitely make the full batch and I might even experiment with a bit of savoury tomato pesto or something...

Wassup?!

4 comments:

  1. Mate, you'll have to bring some of these for our next fish mish! (Will sure beat smoked Kahawai sandwiches ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...smoked Kahawai (very soon my fish starved friend)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Les! I AM impressed. Forget the fishing trip - bring some along to Essence next week!!! Oh yeah...

    ReplyDelete