December 21, 2009

Wassup wit Bedtimes?

When I was a wee chap my parents would make me go to bed at 6:30 - 7:00 PM whether it was Daylight saving, a weekend or whatever.

Sure I grumbled a bit when you could hear other kids still playing outside or the sun was still blazing. Who wouldn't?


As a parent of two beautiful children I have now seen the wisdom of a strict bedtime. Kids get to know routine and a harmonious family ensues.

It was one such bedtime and my kids were off to brush their teeth and choose their stories when I looked outside - brilliant sunshine!

"Hey kids! Check this out!" The gymnastics challenge was on!









Alas there are no pictures of me, which is probably just as well. My little gymnasts would have kicked my gluteals :)

What was your bedtime? And what would you sometimes do if you got to stay up late?

2 comments:

  1. haha - crack up photos! I can't believe it is so light outside at the moment and feel really mean sending my kids off to bed - usually around 6-7pm. Mine was around 7pm growing up... we used to play cricket with the whole street until it was dark in the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pics!! We didn't mind going to bed early so much, we had normally worn ourselves out playing outside for all hours

    ReplyDelete