We got our lunch and sat down. I hailed the kids (Star Trek influence there) and we fell to the board making short work of the food before us (Stephen Lawhead influence there). Just a few things were missing...
- Serviettes - none to be found anywhere.
- Straws - not a necessity but it makes drinking slightly more amusing
- Sauce - or Ketchup as it's known in BK land
Now I could have probably attained all these items if I would have stood in,line and waited another 10 minutes to be served but then who wants to wait when it's supposed to be fast food.
If I sound ungrateful, i'm not. I'm very thankful to be able to eat out and I enjoy doing so. It's just that we treat it as a 'Special' occasion and the misleading or simply lack of service detracts from the 'Specialness' if you like.
So here's my top 5 hints when eating out:
- Don't take the kids (harsh - yes, but also very true)
- Make money no object - expect to pay about 1/2 of what you pay on the weekly groceries (if not more)
- Order something you couldn't have made at home - so even if it's bad, you still couldn't have had it at home, so that's good.
- Never order the Terrine - one word, 'Jellymeat'
- Wear adjustable clothing - nothing spoils a great meal out like a constricted lower body. Men - loose jeans/trousers with a belt. Ladies - elastic anything.